A picture is said to be worth a thousand words. A photo collage, after all, is worth more than a thousand words! And, interestingly enough you can make a photo collage on your iPhone via third-party apps.
In a collage, two or more photos are displayed in a single image layout, and there are countless events and scenarios in which you would wish to make and share a collage or want to transfer them from one iPhone to other devices like an iPad, Mac, and PC, etc.
While there isn’t a built-in function on the iPhone that allows you to build a photo collage, many apps can come in handy for this purpose. In this tutorial, we will help you choose the best third-party app and take you through the steps on how to make a collage on an iPhone using those apps, complete with some helpful collage-making tips.
Which is the Best Collage App for iPhone?
With so many collage apps these days, it can be tiresome to pick one. But don’t worry, as we’ll help you in picking the best one.
Following are the important characteristics that should be taken into consideration before suggesting the best collage apps for iPhone:
- High star ratings: All of the apps listed below have a rating of 4+ in the App Store.
- A large number of star ratings: Because the best apps have a large number of users, we ranked them according to the number of star ratings each of these apps have received.
- Free app features: Photo collage apps for an iPhone can be expensive, both to buy and use additional functionality through in-app purchases.
- Lots of collage layouts: The iPhone photo collage applications featured below offer dozens or hundreds of different ways to arrange your photos, so you’re sure to find one that suits your needs.
So let’s get straight to it!
PhotoGrid – Photo and Video Collage Maker
PhotoGrid is a photo and video collage maker and a photo editor as well. It is one of the greatest options for creating picture collages on an iPhone, with millions of users worldwide. With over 300 different layouts included in the PhotoGrid app, you’ll never run out of creative ways to combine your photos stunningly to amaze your audience.
In this app, you can also use a variety of editing tools, as well as stickers, backgrounds, and fonts to enhance the photos in your collage. The best part? It’s free!
Pic Collage is the perfect choice if you want one of the most feature-rich photo collage creation apps for your iPhone. Over 190 million users have used this photo collage app to create beautiful arrangements for their favorite photos. It comes with a variety of templates and options to customize your collage, add text, and use touch motions. This app has a simple interface and a clean appearance to make editing easy for you.
However, this app is not entirely free. You’ll need to pay the $4.99/month subscription price if you want access to advanced features or want to remove the watermark from your photos, which isn’t a deal-breaker for a great app.
Photo Collage – Collageable
Photo Collage by Collageable is yet another fantastic app with dozens of collage layouts, frames, stickers, and filters to edit your collages. You’ll get a lot of options if you search for “photo collage” in the App Store, so look for the “Collageable” app.
Using Layout from Instagram to make a Collage on an iPhone
You can also use Layout from Instagram to make a collage on your iPhone. It is easy to use and works well for Instagram. Here’s how to make a photo collage on your iPhone using this app:
- Install and launch the Layout application.
- The photos from your library will appear on the home page, and you can organize them by pressing Faces or Recents at the bottom of the screen.
- To add photos, tap on them (notice the checkbox indicating which ones you’ve chosen).
- Explore the many collage possibilities from the top of the screen before selecting one.
- To zoom in or out, pinch two fingers open or closed across the screen.
- You can rotate the photographs, replace a photo, or apply a border to a photo using the options at the bottom.
- Save your photo layout once you’ve finished working on it.
- Share with your friends and family!
Extra tips for making a Photo Collage
Here are a handful of tips for creating unique collages:
- Take a series of photos in burst mode, then utilize those photos in the collage.
- Use your photo collage as the canvas to tell a story from beginning to end.
- For your photo collage, select images that are of the same color or texture.
- To give the viewer a sense of contrast, mix up-close photographs with distant scenes.
This article has all that you need to know about how to make a collage on an iPhone.
As iOS doesn’t offer a native photo collage feature within the editing functions, you’ll require third-party apps. While the above collage apps are great choices, there are others also that you can try.
We hope that you create some fantastic photo collages on your iPhone using these apps and tips.
For more tips and tricks, head over to our blog.