Having a smartphone with impeccable image quality is a win-win situation! That’s the reason most users use their iPhones more as a camera rather than a phone. And, when you click awesome images, merge them in a collage on your iPhone, it’s only natural that you’d want to share them with others or save them on your PC.
Which brings us to our topic of concern – How to transfer photos from one iPhone to the other?
This guide will explain how to do so using 5 different methods:
5. Shared albums
The best part is that all these methods don’t require any third-party apps.
So let’s get started!
Transfer Photos from your Old iPhone to a New One with iCloud
Assuming you have a new iPhone and wish to transfer your existing photo collection to it, we will share the easiest and most common option to do so: Via iCloud.
- Open the Settings on your iPhone.
- Access your Apple ID profile by tapping on your name at the top of the screen.
- In the profile menu, tap the “iCloud” option.
- Tap “Photos” on the top of the list.
- Make sure the toggle next to “iCloud Photos” is turned on.
All of your images will be stored to your Apple ID account once you’ve activated iCloud Photo backups.
Now comes the technical part – transferring them to your new iPhone!
How to Transfer Photos to your New iPhone
- Set up your new iPhone till you reach the “Apps and Data” page.
- Now select “Restore from iCloud Backup”.
- Enter your Apple ID information to sign in. .
- From the list of all your backups, choose the iCloud backup containing your photos.
- Within a few minutes, all your photos, videos, and other backed-up content will be transferred to your new iPhone
You can use this method to transfer photos from your old iPhone to the new one. But in case, you want to share photos with your friends, you can use the following ways:
Transfer Photos from your iPhone to a Friend’s iPhone
If you want to transfer photos from your iPhone to a friend’s iPhone, you can utilize the following methods:
Apple’s AirDrop is a useful feature with which you can send and receive photos quickly and conveniently.
Here are the steps to do so:
- Firstly, access the Control Center.
- Ensure both phones have WiFi and Bluetooth enabled.
- Access the Network card to turn on AirDrop.
- Choose “Contacts Only” or “Everyone”.
- Now, open the desired photo and tap the share icon.
- Click on the “AirDrop” option.
- You’ll see nearby devices that have AirDrop enabled. Select your desired iPhone.
- A downloading screen will appear.
- Your friend will now see the photo with an option to Accept or Decline.
- After pressing Accept, the photo will be added to their Photos app.
By using AirDrop, you can easily share images with your friends if they’re close by. If your friends have mac and you want to share photos with them, here are some simple steps on How to turn on AirDrop on Mac. However, if you’re sharing pics with someone who is miles away, perhaps in another city or country, you can use the iCloud link method.
If you want to send multiple images at the same time, using iCloud is an ideal option. To transfer images using iCloud, follow the steps below:
- Open the photo you want to share and tap the Share icon.
- From the resulting apps at the bottom, select ‘Copy iCloud Link’.
- A new window will appear saying ‘Preparing’.
- After that, open an email or text and paste the iCloud link into it.
- Click ‘Send’ to transfer the photos.
If you’re looking for a more conventional way to share images, you can send it via SMS.
Using iMessage or SMS
Another straightforward way to send images is through iMessage. You can do so by following these steps:
- After opening the image that you want to share, tap the square with the arrow icon.
- Open the green “Message” app on your phone.
- Text the image to your iPhone or any other phone of your choice.
And that’s all!
You can also share photos by email by following the exact same steps mentioned above. Only this time you will have to select the “Mail” option instead of message.
If you have a huge batch of pics to share with a group of friends or family, creating a shared album will make it very easy and convenient.
Creating Shared Albums
Take a minute to establish a shared album if you frequently share photos from your iPhone with the same people. When you add a photo or video, everyone with whom you’ve shared the album will be able to see it right away.
- Open the Photos app and go to the bottom of the screen to “Albums”.
- To make a new album, tap the blue “+” at the top left corner of the screen.
- Select “New Shared Album”.
- Name the album and click “Next”.
- Tap “Create” after entering all of the contacts with whom you wish to share the album.
Any photo you add to this album in the future will be visible to anyone who accepted your invitation to join it.
The most exciting part about taking pictures is sharing them with your friends and family. And the iPhone has made sharing images very easy with so many different options available. I hope this guide with step-by-step instructions on how to use these sharing options will help you to transfer and share your images with ease.
Besides, if you’re looking for more information on the iPhone and its features, visit our blog.
How to Connect Your iPhone to Mac?
How to Close Apps on iPhone 11
How To Delete, Disable and Reactivate An Instagram Account From an iPhone