It’s that time of the year again!
Apple has unveiled iPhone 13, and everyone is rushing to see what it’s like and how it is better than iPhone 12? Is it worth spending those extra $100 on the new iPhone?
Well, you don’t have to spend those extra bucks just yet!
We have rounded up the key features of both the iPhones and pointed out the main differences for you, so you can compare them both and decide whether you should continue using your iPhone 12 Pro or go for the latest iPhone 13.
iPhone 13 Vs. iPhone 12 Pro Comparison
iPhone 12 was launched in October 2020, and almost a year down the lane, many people were still making up their minds and saving up to get their hands on it.
But what’s this?
In late September 2021, Apple released the new and improved iPhone 13! Those who were bent on buying an iPhone 12 now have one more option to think about!
So, iPhone 13 vs. iPhone 12 Pro – Which one is it going to be?
Let’s have a look.
|Specs||iPhone 13||iPhone 12 Pro|
|Weight||240 g||189 g|
|Dimensions||5.8 x 2.8 x 0.3 inches||5.78 x 2.82 x 0.29 inches|
|Display||6.1 inches||6.1 inches|
|Resolution||2532 x 1170||2532 x 1170|
|Camera||12 MP||12 MP|
|Memory||6 GB RAM||4 GB RAM|
|Processor||A15 Bionic chip||A14 Bionic chip|
|Battery||4373 mAh||2815 mAh|
The display of iPhone 13 and iPhone 12 Pro is almost the same:
- They both have a 6.1-inch display.
So, what’s the difference?
- The brightness of the iPhone 13 has been increased by 28% to 800 nits from the 625 nits in iPhone 12.
- Other than this, the iPhone 13 Pro and iPhone 13 Pro Max come with ProMotion displays, enabling them to adjust their refresh rate to 120 Hz to keep up with your screen activity. iPhone 13, iPhone 12 mini, and iPhone 12; however, have a refresh rate limited to 60 Hz.
Well, that’s something to ponder on!
Again, the design of the iPhone 13 and iPhone 12 Pro is also quite similar:
- They have a ceramic shield front and back
- The frame is made of stainless steel
- When it comes to iPhone 13 vs. iPhone 12 Pro size, the dimensions are also the same.
- The overall design of both iPhones is stylish and compact.
However, there’s one visible difference – The notch!
The notch on the iPhone 13 is 20% smaller than that on the iPhone 12 Pro. Also, iPhone 13 models weigh a tad bit more than the previous version, mainly due to the increased battery size.
So, if you ask me, that’s not really something that impacts your decision!
Who doesn’t like an iPhone in stunning colors?
While iPhone 12 Pro is available in 6 colors, black, white, blue, green, red, and a recently added purple shade, iPhone 13 has equally amazing colors.
The previous colors, midnight (black), starlight (white), blue and red, are still there, with the addition of pink and sierra blue, which adds to the aluminum shades of gold and silver.
So, whether you go for an iPhone 12 Pro or the brand new iPhone 13, there are plenty of bright new colors to choose from.
Even though the display and design of the iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 13 might not have much of a difference, the cameras are poles apart!
At first glance, it might appear that the cameras are the same due to the number of lenses, but when you take pictures, a visible difference can be seen. You see, Apple has upgraded the hardware this time.
And by hardware, I mean:
- It has included a sensor-shift optical image stabilization system in the camera setup of the iPhone 13, which is an upgrade to the standard optical image stabilization in the iPhone 12 Pro.
- The specs of both the front and rear cameras of iPhone 13 and iPhone 12 Pro are the same, i.e., 12 MP.
- iPhone 13 has a telephoto lens that enables a 3x optical zoom which is 0.5x more than iPhone 12. This means you can capture brighter and sharper images as close as 2 cm, even in low-light areas.
- Also, the night mode feature is available in all iPhone13 models, including Mini, Pro, and Pro Max. Previously, only the Pro Max versions had this feature.
So, if photography is your thing, iPhone 13 should be your choice in 2021.
5. Battery and Charging
As far as battery life is concerned, Apple has announced that the battery of the iPhone 13 is bigger than that of the iPhone 12 Pro.
- iPhone 12 Pro has a 2815 mAh battery, while iPhone 13’s battery goes up to a whopping 4373 mAh.
Given these numbers, Apple claims that:
- The iPhone 13 Mini and iPhone 13 Pro last 1.5 hours more than their predecessor
- While iPhone 13 and iPhone 13 Pro Max push it to 2.5 hours more.
So, if a long-lasting battery is your preference, iPhone 13 is the way to go!
Now coming to the chargers, both models come without adapters. The only thing included is a 20W USB-C cable that can charge up to 50% in 30 minutes. However, if you’re looking for a fast yet affordable charger, you can check out the wide range of wall chargers by Syncwire.
6. Software and Performance
Another difference between the iPhone 13 and iPhone 12 Pro is that of the processor.
All iPhone 12 models (iPhone 12 Mini, iPhone 12 Pro, and iPhone 12 Pro Max) are powered by the A14 Bionic chip processor, which delivers quite a smooth performance as compared to other smartphones.
But that’s so last year!
Say hello to the A15 Bionic chip processor that powers iPhone 13!
If you were swept away by the flawless performance of the A14, imagine how powerful the upgrade is going to be!
The iPhone 12 pricing starts at $699, depending on the model and capacity you choose. iPhone 13, on the other hand, starts at $799.
The iPhone 13, priced at $100 more than the iPhone 12, is justified, given the upgrades in the camera, software, battery, etc.
The features of both the iPhone 13 and iPhone 12 are not much different from each other; however, let’s have a look at the pros and cons of both devices to see if we can reach a conclusion.
Pros and Cons of iPhone 12 Pro
|– Sleek and stylish design with a premium finish.||– The box doesn’t include a charger or headphones.|
|– Bright OLED display.||– Low screen refresh rate.|
|– Impeccable audio quality.||– The battery life is less than iPhone 11.|
|– It runs on iOS 14.||– Base storage is a mere 64GB.|
|– Supports MagSafe fast charging.|
|– The camera results are outstanding.|
Pros and Cons of iPhone 13
|– It comes in gorgeous colors.||– The design is the same as the iPhone 12.|
|– The 1200 nits brightness is a game-changer.||– Users have reported an uncomfortable grip.|
|– It supports 4K video recording with Dolby vision and stereo sound.||– A charging adapter is not included in the box, and you have to buy it separately.|
|– The 15W MagSafe and 7.5W Qi magnetic fast wireless charging lasts for more than 12 hours.||– The lightning cable included has a slow charging speed.|
|– It has a dual 5G sim support.||– The refresh rate is lower than the rivals.|
|– The Super Retina XDR OLED display and HDR 10 support result in a crisp and clear display.||– It lacks secondary storage.|
|– Can survive 6m water depth.|
|– Unparalleled image and video quality.|
So, in the iPhone 13 vs. iPhone 12 Pro showdown, who’s the winner?
While the differences between the two models are primarily technical, with no visible difference in appearance, we would still recommend the iPhone 13 over iPhone 12 Pro.
Our reasons are pretty clear:
- iPhone 13 has a better processor as compared to iPhone 12 Pro.
- The camera upgrades make the picture quality impeccable.
- It has long-lasting battery life.
- The display is brighter and refreshes faster than the iPhone 12 Pro.
So, if you want to receive good value for your money, getting an iPhone 13 would be the smarter choice.
And, with so many features that enhance your iPhone experience, spending an extra $100 is worth it!