If you have ever tried listening to a WhatsApp audio or taken an audio/video call amidst the daily chaos at home, you probably have an idea of how distracting and frustrating it can be! Especially when you’re working from home and trying to be productive.
In such a situation, most people would suggest moving to a different room in the house or asking your family or roommates to keep it down while you’re working or in the middle of a meeting.
Not everyone has extra rooms in their homes! And not to forget the people sharing a room with someone!
How about people with kids?
Regardless, it gets difficult to maintain solitude and stay efficient with all the hubbub around you.
Obviously, quitting your job is not an option. And, asking your family or roommate to move out isn’t very polite either.
So, what to do?
I know! Why not invest in a work-from-home wireless headset with a microphone?
That’s a good idea! Therefore, let’s have a look at 10 of the best headsets for working from home with a microphone.
10 Best Headsets for Working From Home
Here are our picks of 10 of the best headsets for working from home to benefit you and all those who happen to live with you.
|1||BlueParrot B550-XT||5.8 ounces||24 hours||Bluetooth||Over-ear|
|2||Sony WH-1000XM4||8.96 ounces||30 hours||Bluetooth/3.5 mm audio||Over-head|
|3||Plantronics Voyager 5200||0.71 ounces||5 – 7 hours||Bluetooth||Over-ear|
|4||HyperX Cloud Mix||9.12 ounces||20 hours||Bluetooth/3.5 mm audio/3.5 mm stereo and mic||Over-head|
|5||Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones 700||9 ounces||20 hours||Bluetooth||Over-head|
|6||Boat Rockerz 550||8.64 ounces||20 hours||Bluetooth/Aux||Over-head|
|7||Apple AirPods Max||13.6 ounces||20 hours||Bluetooth||Over-head|
|8||Shure Aonic 3||0.73 ounces||3.5 /6.3 mm jack||In-ear|
|9||Jabra Elite 45h||5.64 ounces||50 hours||Bluetooth||Over-head|
|10||Sennheiser HD 450BT||8.4 ounces||30 hours||Bluetooth/3.5 mm jack||Over-head|
1. BlueParrott B550-XT
First up on our list is the BlueParrot B550-XT Headset. The perfect wireless headset for business calls keeps out external noise and delivers a crisp and clear voice.
- The headset looks huge and heavy at first glance, but it weighs only 5.8 ounces in reality.
- It is light and comfortable, which makes it easily wearable for long hours.
- It has one earpad that can be easily worn on your right or left ear.
- The earpad is circumaural, bigger than an on-ear earpad, yet smaller than an over-ear earpad.
- The earpad is made up of leather-like material with soft cushioning for optimal comfort.
- The headband has enough padding for it to rest comfortably on your head.
- Now coming to the mic, it is a gooseneck style mic and can be adjusted as per your liking.
- The headset has only 4 controls: The BlueParrot button, on/off button, and +/- volume buttons.
- You can also use the on/off button to answer or end calls.
- It has 24-hour battery life.
- You require a BlueParrot app to pair the headset with your iOS or Android device.
It’s a bit towards the expensive side, but if you’re in for it, the BlueParrot B550-XT can conveniently be purchased from Amazon and Walmart.
2. Sony WH-1000XM4
If you’re looking for top-of-the-class noise-canceling headphones, then go for the Sony WH-1000XM4.
- It has an excellent active noise canceling feature that makes it one of the best wireless headsets for working from home.
- The audio quality is quite impeccable.
- The earpads are lightweight and padded with soft material making them wearable all day without any discomfort.
- You can pair it with your iOS or Android device using the Sony app to access Siri, Alexa, music, and other functions.
- The speak-to-chat is a unique feature that enables you to pause your music by simply talking.
- A proximity sensor can easily detect whether you’re wearing the headset or not to save battery power accordingly.
- It has a battery life of 30 hours, after which you can connect the 3.5mm connector to continue listening. However, you cannot use the microphone during that time.
The Sony WH-1000XM4 is considered the best wireless headset for working from home in 2022. It is, however, a bit expensive but it’s worth it!
3. Plantronics Voyager 5200
Not everyone is a fan of headsets with a headband; some of us like to go minimalistic. And, the Platronics Voyager 5200 is the perfect headset for such an instance.
- It has an ear-hook design that fits over your ear, unlike other chunky over-ear headsets.
- The ear-hook is 2.25 inches, and the microphone boom is 2.75 inches long.
- It may seem compact, but it sports all the features of a regular headset, like noise cancellation, etc.
- The microphone can be moved around, which means that you can easily shift the headset from one ear to another without having alignment issues.
- The earpiece has a physical on/off button and 2 volume buttons, while the microphone has a call and a voice command button.
- The voice command feature lets you dictate texts or emails, but it doesn’t read them out to you though.
- The wireless range of this headset is almost 60 feet.
- You can use the Platronics Hub app to locate the headset if lost.
- Its battery life lasts a little more than 5 hours, which is not a very impressive number.
The Plantronics Voyager 5200 is cheaper and lighter than other headsets; however, it is not suitable for heavy-duty usage as the battery runs out. Apart from that, its noise cancellation feature, audio quality, and size make it the benchmark for the best headsets for working from home with a microphone.
Also, this headset comes without a charger. But you can get high-quality wall chargers by Syncwire to charge your Voyager.
4. HyperX Cloud Mix
Coming back to over-ear headsets, here’s the HyperX Cloud Mix headset with a detachable microphone.
- Although it is considered an ideal work-from-home wireless headset with a microphone, it can be used for gaming also due to its trendy design.
- It weighs 9.12 ounces and has a sturdy build.
- It uses Bluetooth as well as a wired connection to pair to your device.
- You can detach the external microphone and use the built-in microphone instead.
- It has a battery life of 20 hours, perfect for taking calls, listening to music, or an intense gaming session.
Although the HyperX Cloud Mix is a multipurpose wireless headset, it is bulky built and unsuitable for travel.
5. Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones 700
When we talk about noise-canceling headphones, the first name that comes to our mind is Bose because they’re the pioneers in active noise-canceling headsets. Hence, our next recommendation is Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones 700.
- It has a sleek over-ear design with a shiny finish, making it trendy yet minimalistic.
- The earpads are made of faux leather with just the right amount of cushioning for comfortable extended usage.
- The right earpad has a touch-sensitive control panel with an on/off button, a voice assistant button, and a status LED.
- A double-tap on the control panel works as play/pause while swiping up and down controls the volume.
- Swiping forward and backward changes the track, and a long-press displays battery life.
- The left earpad has the ANC button and a port for the headphone cable in case of passive listening.
- The headset comes with a zip-up travel case with a separate compartment for storing cables.
- It has an estimated battery life of up to 20 hours.
- Also, you need the Bose app to pair the headset with your iOS and Android devices.
It is a bit pricey, but the results are amazing. So get your’s now on Amazon in black and silver shades.
6. Boat Rockerz 550
If you’re looking for optimal comfort using a headset while working from home, with a splash of vibrancy, get the Boat Rockerz 550 wireless headset.
- First off, the appearance is quite eye-catching. I mean, if you’re wearing this headset, it’s impossible not to notice it.
- It has an adjustable headband that has ample padding to make it wearable for long hours.
- The earpads are also cushioned with premium material and comfortably fit on your ears.
- It seems to be bulky but is lightweight, and you don’t feel burdened when wearing it over your head.
- Below the right earpad, you will find the power button, volume controls, 3.5mm jack, built-in microphone, and an LED indicator.
- The power button can also alternate as a call answering/ending button.
- The audio quality is good; however, high volumes can be a bit unclear.
- It has a 500mAH battery that can last for up to 20 hours.
The Boat Rockerz 550 is available in 5 distinct colors: army green, black symphony, maroon maverick, red, and black on Amazon at an affordable price.
7. Apple AirPods Max
How can we miss out on Apple when it comes to gadgets? The Apple AirPods Max is a feature-rich headset, and an excellent choice for the best headset for business calls out there.
- It has large memory foam earpads lined with pretty-looking fabric.
- The stainless steel headband has an egg-shell-like finish and mesh cushioning.
- Despite having a bulky look, the headset weighs 13.6 ounces without burdening your head or putting pressure on your ears.
- The noise cancelation feature of this headset is impeccable, and so is the audio quality.
- It has 9 microphones, 3 of which are used for audio, and the remaining are for active noise cancelation.
- It also has hands-free Siri access, which simply adds to the convenience this headset has to offer.
- Coming to the battery life, it can easily last for almost 20 hours.
These fabulous headphones are available in 5 pastel colors; light green, pink, sky blue, silver, and gray. They are considered a luxury item because of the high price, but given the many features it offers, I guess it’s worth it.
8. Shure Aonic 3
If you feel that over-the-head and over-ear headsets are too prominent and over-burdening, we’ve got just the alternative for you: The Shure Aonic 3 earbuds!
- They are small and light, making them extremely comfortable compared to other headsets.
- They pair with a wired connection; therefore, there’s no fuss about wireless connectivity and a dying battery.
- It comes with 9 different ear tips so you can conveniently find the one that best fits your sound requirements.
- Its active noise canceling feature is not as robust as other headsets; however, it can still block up to 37 dB of noise to eliminate distractions.
- It has a 3.5mm communication cable that you can connect to laptops, mobiles, and other entertainment systems.
- It is ideal for listening to music, working out, or communicating while working from home.
The Shure Aonic 3 earbuds are compact, making them an ideal choice when you’re on the go; however, they are a bit expensive for earbuds. But again, with customized ear tips and the comfort it provides, I guess it’s not a bad deal.
9. Jabra Elite 45h
If you’re looking for something that provides all the basic features that a standard headset has, with average noise cancellation, at an affordable price, we would recommend the Jabra Elite 45h.
- It has a supra-aural design, with memory foam earpads lined with leather-like material.
- The headband is made of a rubber-like material with ample cushioning to provide optimal comfort while wearing for long hours.
- It comes in a cute drawstring pouch with a USB-C charging cable.
- The right earpad has a power button, volume controls, call management, and voice assistant buttons.
- You can easily pair it with Siri, Amazon Alexa, and Google Assistant.
- The best part about this headset is the MySound feature, which analyzes your hearing and creates profiles accordingly.
- However, if you’re not okay with using the MySound feature, you can adjust the sound manually through EQ.
- The battery life is fantastic! It can go up to 50 hours, and a 15-minute charge enables the headphones to run for almost 10 hours. How impressive is that?
While the price of the Jabre Elite 45h is within an affordable range, its active noise cancelation feature is not very impressive. So, if you don’t want to completely cut out surrounding noises while working from home, it is a decent option.
10. Sennheiser HD 450BT
Continuing with the affordably-priced headsets, next up, we have the Sennheiser HD 450BT headset, one of the best wireless headsets for working from home.
- It has a sleek and stylish design that not only looks good but provides a peaceful and productive work-from-home experience.
- It has soft memory foam earpads with an over-ear design that comfortably fits around your ear.
- The rest of the headset has a semi-matte finish with a minimalistic and uncluttered look, as all the controls are on the side panels.
- You will find a power button, track navigation, voice assistant button, and a +/- volume control on the right earcup.
- Also included is a 3.5mm jack and USB-C to USB-A charging port.
- It is compatible with Android and iOS devices via the Sennheiser Smart Control app.
- A user-adjustable EQ lets you set your preferred levels and also save the settings.
- It has an estimated battery life of 30 hours, which is relatively better than others.
The Sennheiser HD 450BT is a reasonably-priced headset with decent noise cancellation; however, it is not topflight.
Working from home can be quite relaxing, but unsolicited distractions can get the better of anyone!
Therefore, to help you block out the external commotion and focus on your work and to enable you to attend a conference call without embarrassing background noises, we have listed 10 of the best headsets for working from home, belonging to different categories based on your requirements.
So, whether you’re working from home, relaxing to some soothing music, or having a fierce Call of Duty battle, these headsets are sure to help you concentrate!
Check out our blog if you’re on the lookout for more helpful gadgets to boost your productivity.
Also, if your headset charging cables have broken or not performing well, you can check out the impressive range of high-quality nylon-braided USB-C cables by Syncwire for fast charging.