So, you’ve got that uber-expensive smartphone case that can protect your phone from a fall as high as 70 feet. It can save your screen from smashing into pieces even if you hurl it towards the wall at a speed of 60mph in a moment of extreme rage. And most importantly, it is quite fancy!
But the main question is…
Is it a waterproof phone case?
We tend to take our smartphones with us everywhere; the pool, the beach, or even while kayaking down a waterfall! And, even though many smartphones are waterproof, it makes perfect sense to carry a waterproof phone case with you, just to be on the safe side.
Therefore, we have rounded up 10 of the best waterproof phone cases out there, so you can capture your most memorable experiences without the fear of short-circuiting your smartphone!
List of Best Waterproof Phone Cases
1. Ghostek Nautical Waterproof Phone Case
- It is made of thermoplastic polyurethane, polycarbonate, and a rubber case with a full-body sealed waterproof shell with a military-grade drop and shock protection. This means that it can survive a fall up to 12 feet.
- It is designed with a raised lip to protect the camera lens.
- There’s a built-in screen shield to keep the AMOLED display of the S21 safe from cracks and scratches.
- Also, it has a water-tight port seal to keep the water from entering the charging port and headphone jack.
- The stand-out feature of this phone case is the waterproof feature that enables it to stay submerged in 20 feet of water for up to an hour!
The Ghostek Nautical waterproof phone case is easily available on Amazon in phantom black and phantom clear shades.
2. Syncwire Waterproof Phone Pouch
If you want a waterproof phone pouch compatible with all smartphones, you should definitely go for the Syncwire Waterproof Phone Pouch.
- This universal waterproof phone pouch is made of high-quality but soft TPU material that allows you to use the touch screen of your phone like usual; however, it does not support fingerprint unlock.
- The pouch has a very straightforward design, i.e., just a simple snap and lock mechanism that seals the pouch perfectly and keeps water, snow, and dust away.
- Also included is a strap to be worn around the neck or across the chest to avoid losing your phone in deep waters.
- Now, coming to the waterproof feature, the Syncwire phone pouch has an IPX8 rating and can withstand depths as much as 2 meters! However, the hydraulic pressure may affect the touch screen operation after reaching a certain depth, in which case you can use the home button to take pictures.
So, if you have a smartphone up to 7 inches, you can get a pair of these waterproof pouches at a very affordable price on Amazon in black, green, and clear shades.
3. Vansky Floatable Waterproof Phone Case
If you’re looking for a phone case that floats, our recommendation would be the Vansky Floatable Waterproof Phone Case.
- It is made up of thermoplastic polyurethane, making your phone’s touch screen easy to use even when you’re underwater.
- It has an air circle padding which enables it to float on water so that even if you drop it, no damage will occur to your phone.
- The case has two buttons on top, which enable you to open and close the case.
- It also has a waterproof external jack and a built-in 3.5mm audio cable.
- An armband and an adjustable strap are also included to secure the case around your arm and neck.
- This floatable phone case can endure depths up to 2 meters, so you can easily use it while swimming, deep-sea diving, surfing, fishing, etc.
- It is available in a pair of black and green shades on Amazon at quite an affordable price.
4. LifeProof FRE Series Waterproof Phone Case
This cute-looking waterproof phone case is every woman’s dream!
- Available in double shades of fusion coral/royal lilac and fusion coral/blue tint, this phone case by LifeProof can save your phone from water, snow, sand, and dust.
- It can sustain a depth of almost 6 feet for one straight hour!
- Moreover, it can withstand drops of up to 6 feet as well.
- It also has a built-in screen protector, which is made with such precision and fineness that it’s almost invisible.
- All its ports, lenses, and buttons are covered with watertight seals to keep even the tiniest dust particles out.
It is available for Samsung S9; however, you can find one for your iPhone 6/7/8/XR also.
5. Feily Diving Phone Case
Here’s a waterproof phone case for our diver friends; the Feily Diving Phone Case!
This phone case speaks for itself! One glance at this waterproof phone case, and you know it will provide your smartphone with the ultimate protection!
- Made of sturdy polycarbonate material, this phone case is designed to withstand water as deep as 98 feet for 30 minutes and 50 feet for an hour!
- It is sealed from all sides for 360 degrees protection from dust, water, ice, and sand.
- It has a shockproof bumper that can survive a 15 feet drop!
- Moreover, you can easily connect it to a tripod or selfie stick and capture amazing images of aquatic life without any fear.
- The fact that it is a universal phone case makes it an even more viable option.
You can get this strong and durable waterproof phone case on Amazon in blue and orange color.
6. WillBox Waterproof Phone Case
Another smart choice for a waterproof phone case is the WillBox Professional Phone Case.
- It is made up of a durable hard PC case, which offers protection from water, dust, sand, and snow.
- It has precise cutouts for the camera button, so you can easily take pictures while deep-sea diving, snorkeling, or surfing.
- The front and back cameras are covered with an anti-reflection glass that enables you to take high-quality pictures.
- The screen shield is made of PET transparent film plus hard material to keep the screen safe from scratches, bumps, and cracks.
- This waterproof case also includes a steady tripod point, which allows easy installation on professional photography equipment.
- In case you go diving, this phone case comes with a lanyard to secure it around your neck or chest.
- It has an IPX8 waterproof level, which means it can withstand a depth of 50 feet.
- It is available in blue-orange and green-yellow color combinations.
The WillBox Waterproof Phone Case is ideal for diving, surfing, snorkeling, skiing, kayaking, and other outdoor activities; however, while you’re underwater, you cannot use the other functions of your phone other than the camera.
7. PSHYX Universal Waterproof Phone Case
Next up is the PSHYX Waterproof Phone Case.
- It is a universal phone case that can float on water and survive up to 100 feet of water depth.
- It has a double bubble design. The inflatable ring at the front and the filling bag at the back have a buoyancy of 300 grams, which is relatively more than the competitors.
- The pouch is made of superior quality ultra-thin PVC material that allows the touch screen usage even underwater; however, it does not support fingerprint ID unlock.
- It has a double rotation lock and sealable clip design to lock the pouch securely and keep your phone dry.
- The rotary lock is safe and cannot be opened by pressure or other objects; therefore, water or dust cannot get inside.
- The best part is that the material is not soundproof. This means that you can easily make phone calls.
- This universal waterproof pouch is available on Amazon in green and blue colors.
8. Stash7 Waterproof Phone Pouch
If you’re looking for a stylish-looking waterproof phone pouch for your iPhone, the Stash7 Waterproof Phone Pouch is just the thing for you!
- This waterproof phone case for iPhones is made of high-grade material with quality construction that keeps your phone bone dry.
- It has an IPX8 waterproof level and can withstand water depth up to 50 feet.
- It comes with a 40” rugged leash, which allows you to clip, loop, or tie the pouch in any way you want to your water-adventure gear.
- The opening is sealed with velcro and a high-grade ziplock that keeps water and dust particles out.
- The pouch has a crystal clear screen that allows you to use all functions of your phone except fingerprint ID during your water activities.
- It is made for iPhones, but any smartphone up to 6.7 inches can fit into this pouch.
- It is available in black and orange color on Amazon.
9. AntShare Waterproof Case for iPhone 13
With everyone getting their hands on the newly launched iPhone 13, we couldn’t possibly forget a waterproof phone case for it. Here’s the AntShare Waterproof Case specifically designed for the iPhone 13.
- This rugged, waterproof case for iPhone 13 has ribbed edges for a solid grip.
- It is IP68 certified and can stay submerged in 6 feet of water for one whole hour.
- The case has 4 shock-absorbing bumpers that bear all sorts of bumps and impacts.
- It is sealed from all sides, protecting your phone from water, dust, snow, scratches, and shocks.
- The most outstanding feature of this waterproof phone case is that it supports wireless charging and fingerprint recognition.
- This heavy-duty phone case can withstand drops from as high as 6 feet.
- The built-in screen protector does not come in the way of using it like usual.
- Also, the improved sound system allows you to make calls and listen to music while snorkeling.
10. Syncwire Waterproof Pouch Bag
We’ve been raving about waterproof phone cases and pouches, but what we have next is better than all of them – the multi-purpose Syncwire Waterproof Pouch Bag.
A waterproof phone case or pouch is meant to keep your phones safe from water or dust. But this waterproof pouch bag serves more than one purpose; it keeps your phone and other valuable items safe simultaneously.
- It is made up of soft polyvinyl chloride material that provides comprehensive protection from not only water, but snow, dust, and sand as well.
- Three zip-lock seals and a folding velcro flap make a perfect seal to keep your phone, cash, cards, etc., safe.
- It comes with an adjustable waist belt and is meant to be worn around the waist while enjoying a wide range of outdoor activities.
- The waist belt is ideal for waist sizes 31 to 51 inches.
- The soft material of the pouch bag is touch-screen friendly, so you can text or use other functions of your phone without having to remove it from the bag.
- However, it does not support fingerprint ID and home button usage.
- It is available in a pack of 2 on Amazon.
Indulging in water sports or adventures is quite fun and being able to capture those moments is priceless!
But, the fear of damaging our smartphones gets the better of us! However, these 10 best waterproof phone cases that we have listed above will help you take amazing pictures and videos of your water adventures!
To sum it up:
- If you’re looking for the best waterproof phone case for Android (Samsung S21, to be precise), go for the Ghostek Nautical phone case.
- For older versions of Samsung and iPhone, get the LifeProof FRE Series phone case.
- The best waterproof phone case for snorkeling and other deep-sea adventures is hands down the Feily Diving phone case.
- If you want a stylish waterproof phone case, go for Stash7 or WillBox phone cases.
- And, if you have an iPhone 13, we recommend the AntShare waterproof phone case.
- However, if you’re on a budget, the Syncwire phone pouch and bag, Vansky Floatable phone case, and PSHYX phone case should be your definite choice.
Choose your waterproof phone case wisely!